Methi or Methika also known Fenugreek is one of the best Vata dosha pacifiers among the Ayurvedic herbs which make it a very useful as a tonic for the aged. It minimizes the age related wear and tear in the body. Methi can be taken in routine without any problem. Vata pacifying characteristic makes Methi a useful herb for general weakness and debility. Methi Powder is mixed in dietary supplements for a diabetic person.
Medicinal uses of Methi seeds
Methi seeds are rich source of minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients (plant chemicals). The seeds are a very good source of soluble dietary fiber. Soaking the seeds in water makes their outer coat soft and mucilaginous. It is also rich in many vital vitamins that are essential nutrients for optimum health, including thiamin, pyridoxine (vitamin B6), folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A, and vitamin-C. It is an excellent source of minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganese, and magnesium. Its seeds have been used in many traditional medicines as a laxative, digestive, and as a remedy for cough and bronchitis.
If used regularly, Methi may help control cholesterol, triglyceride as well as high blood sugar (glycemic) levels in diabetics. Methi does NOT cure diabetes but helps in Blood Sugar control. Methi have been in use to cure digestive problems and improve breast milk secretion in the nursing mothers.
Grounded Methi seeds along with water can be directly applied on to the pimple and acne marks to heal and remove them. Coconut oil along with Methi seeds helps in preventing hair loss and makes them lustrous. Paste of Methi leaves when applied helps in reducing dandruff and it also acts as a conditioner. Methi is helpful in arthritis. It is rich in many essential minerals. Iron helps in the production of red blood cells and increases hemoglobin in the body. Potassium in Methi helps in lowering the blood pressure as it expels excess sodium from the body.
Methi has a long history in Ayurveda as a breast enlarger and it has been found to promote the growth of new breast cells and increase the size and fullness of the breasts. Of all the herbs used for breast enlargement Methi has the highest concentrations of the effective plant compounds. While Methi is considered the finest herb for enhancing feminine beauty it also aids in sexual stimulation, balances blood sugar levels, and contains choline which aids the thinking process. In recent times Methi has been the focus of several studies concerning the treatment of diabetes and the prevention of breast cancer. Its ability to balance hormone levels aids in treating premenstrual syndrome and menopause. Its antioxidants slow ageing and help prevent disease.
Topically, the gelatinous texture of fenugreek seed may have some benefit for soothing skin that is irritated by eczema or other conditions. It has also been applied as a warm poultice to relieve muscle aches and gout pain.
More post in same category
- Gudi Padwa 2017
- RUDRALIFE RUDRAKSHA EXBT-HYDERABAD, FROM 8TH MAR'2017 TO 22ND MAR'17
- TIMES RETAIL ICON AWARDS-2016
- TIMES RETAIL ICON AWARDS-2017
- Rudraksha : The Seed of Divine Karma
- Ambreshwar Temple
- Acceptance – the key to true happiness
- Happy New Year 2017
- Speed of Light
- Medicinal Herbs: Pippali - Piper Longum
- Deepavali –The Festival of joy and happiness
- Deepavali –The festival of Lights
- Navratri Celebrations at Rudralife
- Importance of Festivals
- Is Success such a desirable thing?
- Activities in the month of Shravan
- Power of Ganesh Rudraksha
- MODERN SCIENCE AND RUDRAKSHA
- RUDRAKSHA AND AYURVEDA
- RUDRAKSHA – A MEDICINE : ETYMOLOGY
- Scientific Basis of Rudraksha
- RUDRAKSHA – A MEDICINE
- Benefits of Jatamansi - Nardostachys Jatamansi
- SIGNIFICANCE OF MAHASHIVRATRI
- Medicinal Herbs: Methi - Trigonella Foenum-graecum
- Medicinal Herbs: Jatamansi - Nardostachys Jatamansi
- Medicinal Herbs: Haridra - Curcuma Longa
- WHY HAS THE DEMAND OF HIGHER MUKHI RUDRAKSHA INCREASED MORE THAN THE SUPPLY?
- Medicinal Herbs: Brahmi - Bacopa Monnieri
- Research On Rudraksha
- Rudraksha for all
- Medicinal Herbs: Ashwagandha - Withania Somnifera
- Medicinal Herbs: Anantamool - Hemidesmus Indicus
- RUDRAKSHA ARE NOT GEMSTONES