According to Ayurveda, a person’s health can be maintained by balancing Vat (wind), Pitta (bile), and Kapha (phlegm). As Rudraksha influences the mind through its subtle electro-magnetic properties, many diseases can be cured using it. Vat, Pitta and Kapha gets regulated when a person’s thought process is streamlined. This is possible as one becomes fearless and calms down and maintain stable mind. A stable and calm mind makes the body strong and strengthens the immune system, which in turn wards off diseases.
Rudraksha is Vaataghna; meaning Rudraksha is vital in treating chest burns and early stages of rheumatic pains and helps in maintaining mental alertness. Rudraksha is also said to possess Kaphanashak properties. It has characteristics of Shirothi Shamanam, which means having curative ability over ailments related to the head, which includes mental disorders, eyes, nose, ears and throat ailments. Rudraksha is Ruchyam, meaning it is used to cure stomach ailments; especially indigestion, gas, acidity, tastelessness of tongue etc.
In Ayurvedic medicine, the seeds of Rudraksha and blue fruit surrounding them are used for ailments like delirium, epilepsy, bronchitis, coughs, arthritis, insomnia, headache, jaundice, high blood pressure and fever. Various extracts have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties and effective against fungal infections. They also lower anxiety levels and proves to be a mild sedative. These extracts have shown pain-killing properties. Studies conducted have proved that they have anti-convulsion properties and can relieve the symptoms of asthma and bronchial problems. Rudraksha extracts can also lower blood cholesterol level and blood pressure, relaxes the muscles and can help in curing ulcers. Rudraksha mixed with various Ayurvedic herbs given internally, not only improves its effectiveness but also reduces the treatment period, thus resulting in speedy and early recovery. The treatment is prescribed depending on the patient’s condition and seriousness of the disease.
Secondly, the Japa that is performed with Rudraksha mala keeping the beads little pressed is a type of acupressure is being done on the acupressure points in the thumb and middle finger. This improves the blood circulation to the eyes and mental nerves. As per the latest research, wearing Rudraksha beads around the neck helps in radiating out the accumulated charge in the outer space, thereby allowing the free circulation and a uniform distribution to all the parts of the body.
In the Asian continent, the benefits of Rudraksha are not only known since ages, but well written in ancient texts and Shastras. The Vedic literature mentions the benefits of Rudraksha. Scientific studies are being undertaken to determine the healing powers of Rudraksha, as mentioned in these Shastras. The researches have confirmed that Rudraksha does contain such healing powers as claimed in these texts.
More post in same category
- Gudi Padwa 2017
- RUDRALIFE RUDRAKSHA EXBT-HYDERABAD, FROM 8TH MAR'2017 TO 22ND MAR'17
- TIMES RETAIL ICON AWARDS-2016
- TIMES RETAIL ICON AWARDS-2017
- Rudraksha : The Seed of Divine Karma
- Ambreshwar Temple
- Acceptance – the key to true happiness
- Happy New Year 2017
- Speed of Light
- Medicinal Herbs: Pippali - Piper Longum
- Deepavali –The Festival of joy and happiness
- Deepavali –The festival of Lights
- Navratri Celebrations at Rudralife
- Importance of Festivals
- Is Success such a desirable thing?
- Activities in the month of Shravan
- Power of Ganesh Rudraksha
- MODERN SCIENCE AND RUDRAKSHA
- RUDRAKSHA AND AYURVEDA
- RUDRAKSHA – A MEDICINE : ETYMOLOGY
- Scientific Basis of Rudraksha
- RUDRAKSHA – A MEDICINE
- Benefits of Jatamansi - Nardostachys Jatamansi
- SIGNIFICANCE OF MAHASHIVRATRI
- Medicinal Herbs: Methi - Trigonella Foenum-graecum
- Medicinal Herbs: Jatamansi - Nardostachys Jatamansi
- Medicinal Herbs: Haridra - Curcuma Longa
- WHY HAS THE DEMAND OF HIGHER MUKHI RUDRAKSHA INCREASED MORE THAN THE SUPPLY?
- Medicinal Herbs: Brahmi - Bacopa Monnieri
- Research On Rudraksha
- Rudraksha for all
- Medicinal Herbs: Ashwagandha - Withania Somnifera
- Medicinal Herbs: Anantamool - Hemidesmus Indicus
- RUDRAKSHA ARE NOT GEMSTONES