A combination of Sphatik beads and one bead of 10 Mukhi Rudraksha, the Dosh Nivarak is believed to be powerful to ward off negativity, evil spirits and pacifies the ill effects of all the nine planets.
The 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Lord Vishnu and is believed to be a divine shield against negative thoughts and negative energy.
It can be hung in the center of the room (without touching any wall) and at the entrance of the house or office. It is said to usher in positive energy and vibrations at home or office.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.