This meditation dress is created with reference to the Shiv Purana. It mentions about wearing different number of Rudraksha beads on the various parts of the human body to realize Rudrahood.
This comprehensive meditation dress is made with 5 mukhi Rudraksha from Nepal.
- 3 strands of 120 beads each, to be worn across the chest as Yagnopaveet.
- One strand of 108 beads for the chest.
- 11 bead each on both the wrists.
- 6 beads on each ear.
- 5 beads in navel area.
- 32 beads at the throat.
- 550 beads on the head.
Total Number of beads: 1111
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.