On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, if you get anything, it will always grow. So, the people today buy gold and they gift each other. You gift, or you buy, it all grows. That is the belief.
Akshaya Tritiya is one of the most auspicious Hindu festivals and is regarded as one of the most promising occasions for new beginnings.
This festival occurs on the third day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Vaishakha every year. It is believed that if something is purchased on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya then it stays with you forever. Akshaya Tritiya is also a festival of Lord Sri Krishna’s blessings for prosperity and devotion.
The word ‘Akshay’ stands for eternal, the never diminishing sense of happiness, success, and joy, and Tritiya stands for third. The day of Akshaya Tritiya is considered auspicious for starting new ventures: any venture initiated on Akshaya Tritiya is assumed to grow and bring prosperity. Hence, new ventures, like starting a business, buying land, starting a new hobby, or simply inculcating a new habit, etc. are considered auspicious on Akshaya Tritiya.
Akshaya Tritiya is linked to a number of historic events and bears many religious specialties:
- Lord Krishna bestowed wealth and monetary gains on his childhood friend Sudama on this day.
- It is the birthday of Lord Parasurama of the Dasa Avatars of Lord Vishnu.
- It is the starting day of the Treta Yuga after Satya Yuga. Thus, it is considered the Ugadi tithi for Treta Yuga.
- It is the day the Ganges came down upon the earth from heaven.
- Another belief says that Lord Kuber received his wealth and position as the Lord of wealth on this auspicious day.
- Akshaya Tritiya is considered very propitious for offering dhanams of goods like umbrellas, sandals, hand fans, food, etc.
- The day has the credit of Veda Vyasa starting the great Mahabharata with Lord Ganesha writing it.
- As Mahalakshmi signifies gold and silver, many people tend to invest in gold and silver on this day to seek her blessings to multiply the wealth.
Rituals to be performed on Akshaya Tritiya:
- Devotees of Lord Krishna embalm the deity with sandalwood paste on this day. It is believed that by doing so, the person is bound to reach heaven after death.
- On this day, many people buy gold and gold jewelry. As gold is symbolic of good fortune and wealth, buying this is considered pious on this day.
- Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi are worshipped before starting a new audit book for the next financial year. This is known as ‘halkhata’.
- Devotees of Lord Vishnu worship the deity on this day by keeping a fast. Later, charity is done by distributing food, fruits, and clothes to the poor.
- This day is considered to be the most auspicious day to start a new venture, as any business started on this day is believed to flourish.
On this auspicious day, wearing Rudraksha is also very auspicious and beneficial. 7 Mukhi, 10 Mukhi, 13 Mukhi, 16 Mukhi, and 19 Mukhi should be worn. Lord Vishnu’s grace is on 10 Mukhi and 19 Mukhi Rudraksha. Lord Rama has special grace on 16 Mukhi. Whereas on the 7th and 13th Mukhi there is the grace of Goddess Mahalakshmi.
The best quality Nepal Rudraksha you can get from Rudralife, which is also the world’s largest organization of Rudraksha.
Along with this, wearing gold pendants made with special Rudrakshas on the auspicious festival of Akshaya Tritiya is also considered very auspicious. Best quality gold pendants can be obtained from Rudralife for this special festival. To buy Gold Pendants online, you can visit our website:- https://rudralife.com/category/products/29
On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, if you get anything, it will always grow. So, the people today buy gold and they gift each other. You gift, or you buy, it all grows. That is the belief. On this auspicious occasion, we hope that the blessings of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi reach to as many devotees as possible.