The Eight Mukhi Rudraksha is a sacred bead that is graced by Lord Ganesh, the deity of intellect, wisdom, and removal of hindrances. This Rudraksha is believed to be a powerful talisman for those seeking career growth, relief from physical ailments, and spiritual enlightenment. In this article, we will explore the essence, benefits, and story of the Eight Mukhi Rudraksha.
As per Shastras
।। अष्टवक्त्रो महासेन साद्देवो विनायको एरामदिनि पापानि हन्ति सर्वानी धारणात्। विघ्नास्तस्य प्रनशयन्ति याति चान्ते परम् पदम् ।।
श्रीमद देवीभागवतम स्क ११, अ ३, श्लो ३१
8 Mukhi Rudraksha is Lord Ganesh (Vinayak). All sins of the wearer get absolved and obstacles removed.
Shrimad Devi Bhagavatam Chapter. 11, Shloka. 31
Essence of the Eight Mukhi Rudraksha:
The Eight Mukhi Rudraksha is adorned with eight faces, which represent Lord Ganesh, the deity who is always invoked first before undertaking any kind of work. As per texts like Shrimad Devi Bhagwatam and Padma Purana, Lord Karthikeya also blesses the Eight Mukhi Rudraksha. The Rudraksha Jabalo Upanishad mentions that the eight Vasus, eight divine mother Goddesses, and Mother Ganga also bless this bead. The Shri Rudram, a hymn that describes the magnificence of Lord Shiva, opens with a prayer to Lord Ganesha first.
Benefits of wearing the Eight Mukhi Rudraksha:
- General Benefits:
- It is believed that the 8 Mukhi Rudraksha helps to remove obstacles and bring success in all areas of life.
- This bead is also believed to bring good luck and fortune to the wearer, while also protecting them from negative energies and evil eyes.
- Spiritual Benefits:
- The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha is associated with the Muladhara Chakra, which is the root chakra. It is believed that wearing this bead can help balance and activate this chakra, which can lead to a greater sense of grounding, stability, and connection to the earth.
- The bead is also believed to help the wearer connect with Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles and the god of wisdom and knowledge.
- Health Benefits:
- This Rudraksha is believed to have several health benefits, particularly for the digestive system. It is said to help regulate the functioning of the liver, pancreas, and intestines.
- The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha is also believed to be helpful in managing stress and anxiety, as well as in promoting overall physical and mental well-being.
Who should wear Eight Mukhi Rudraksha
The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha is recommended for those seeking to overcome obstacles and achieve career growth. It enhances analytical abilities and comprehension, while condoning sins caused by compulsive lying. It is also said to attract fame, artistic excellence, and prosperity. The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha can control the malefic effects of Rahu, known for causing confusion and delays. Those experiencing unexpected delays and failures may benefit from wearing a combination of the 8 Mukhi Rudraksha and the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha. This sacred talisman provides grounding and focus, leading to fortunate outcomes and higher levels of Riddhi and Siddhi. Anyone seeking a journey that is divinely guided for favorable outcomes can wear the 8 Mukhi Rudraksha.
Combination with Seven Mukhi Rudraksha
A combination of the Eight Mukhi Rudraksha with the Seven Mukhi Rudraksha is used to nullify the effects of Rahu and Shani Dosh. People complaining of unexpected delays, obstacles, and failures in life must wear this combination for relief.
Story of Shakti Ganesh:
The story of Shakti Ganesh is associated with the Eight Mukhi Rudraksha. Once there was an Asura named Analasura who could burn or scorch anything with the fire emitting from his eyes. He decided to turn his fiery vision towards the Rishis who were performing Yagna and offering oblation to Devatas and deities. He wreaked havoc burning down ashrams and destroying the Havankunds. When Lord Ganesha came to know of this, he rushed to the ashram and swallowed Analasura in one gulp, ending the distress caused to the pure and pious. All worship and rituals could now take place in an obstacle-free manner. It is also stated that when the ministers of Bhandasura set up devious Yantras to subdue the power of Shaktis, Lord Ganesha appeared as Shakti Ganesh and shattered these Yantras with his tusks breaking them to pieces.